HOME > Health & Fitness >
LIPOSUCTION FOR MEN: A GROWING TREND IN BODY CONTOURING
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgical technique to eliminate unwanted fat deposits from different body areas. While traditionally associated with women, liposuction is becoming increasingly popular among men. In recent years, there has been a growing trend of men turning to liposuction to achieve a more toned and defined physique. Moreover, this trend can be attributed to several factors, including the growing acceptance of cosmetic procedures among men, the desire for a more muscular and athletic appearance, and the increasing availability of minimally invasive liposuction techniques. Let's explore whether liposuction for men is the right option and how it can help men achieve the desired results.
Why Are Men Choosing Liposuction Currently?
There's nothing inappropriate with aiming to get your ideal physique, and liposuction is a perfectly appropriate method for doing this regardless of gender. Further, there has been a change in the stigma traditionally associated with people who have had cosmetic surgery, allowing males to feel more comfortable undergoing the procedure. Due to genetics or disorders such as gynecomastia, which creates increased breast tissue in males, it might be difficult for certain men to lose fat from particular places, even with a rigorous exercise regimen. Liposuction resolves this issue by permanently eliminating fat cells from the body, provided that the patient maintains a healthy lifestyle after the treatment. Men are choosing liposuction to eliminate obstinate fat cells and develop a more defined, muscular body. Further, liposuction may help men acquire a sculpted appearance which becomes more challenging to accomplish with diet and physical activity alone as we grow.
What Issues Can Liposuction Address In Men?
Similarly, with liposuction for women, liposuction for males may be done to address numerous body locations. Despite innumerable hours at the gym or adhering to a healthy diet, some problem areas refuse to move. The following areas of concern may be treated by liposuction:
- Man boobs
- Any fat in the abdomen region
- Flank or love handles
- Back, sides, and occasionally the neck
A male breast reduction treatment often involves liposuction and a male chest lift for guys with particular concerns regarding their man boobs. In some instances, liposuction by itself is sufficient to achieve a flatter, firmer chest. In addition to a more sculpted appearance, a growing body of research suggests that decreasing body fat may enhance general health by decreasing the likelihood of diabetes and high cholesterol. However, consulting with a board-certified surgeon is essential to understand if liposuction is for you and how to best use this procedure.
Difference Between Liposuction For Men & Women
While the basic procedure is the same for both men and women, there are some differences between liposuction for men and women, including:
1. Fat distribution: Men and women tend to store fat in different areas of the body. Men often store fat in the chest, abdomen, and flanks (love handles), while women tend to store fat in the hips, thighs, and buttocks.
2. Muscle structure: Men generally have more muscle mass than women, which can impact liposuction results. Men often have more defined muscles, and removing fat from certain areas can help to highlight these muscles.
3. Skin elasticity: Men's skin tends to be thicker and less elastic than women's, making it more difficult to achieve optimal results with liposuction.
4. Cosmetic goals: Men and women may have different cosmetic goals for liposuction. For example, women may want a more hourglass-shaped figure, while men may want a more V-shaped torso.
5. Recovery: Men and women may experience different recovery times and side effects after liposuction. Further, men may experience more swelling and bruising due to their thicker skin and larger muscle mass.
Is Liposuction For Men The Right Choice?
Like with any cosmetic operation, you should carefully consider your choice to undergo liposuction and ensure that you do so for the appropriate reasons. As long as you define reasonable goals, you can determine if liposuction for men is beneficial. It is necessary to consider that liposuction is not a method for weight reduction and is not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle. Moreover, to succeed in the liposuction process, you must keep your new physique with a good diet and regular exercise. Like with any surgical operation, liposuction carries some concerns, which your surgeon will share with you. Your selected surgeon must make you well-informed throughout the liposuction process, including informing you of any potential risks before and after the treatment. Some men may benefit from liposuction to address stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise, such as the abdomen, love handles, chest, and thighs. Others may choose liposuction as part of a more comprehensive body contouring plan, such as after massive weight loss. If you are thinking of liposuction, you should schedule a consultation with a competent surgeon to do this treatment on males. There, you will discuss your objectives and expectations to determine whether liposuction surgery for men is appropriate for you. When performed by a professional and experienced physician, liposuction may be a life-changing procedure for men that can boost their self-esteem.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Undergoing Male Liposuction?
Although liposuction may be an effective technique to enhance your look and self-esteem, it is crucial to note that not everyone is a candidate for the operation. Before proceeding with the liposuction for me, you must meet with your surgeon and get approval from your primary care physician. In general, to undergo liposuction, you must also satisfy the following requirements:
- A male adult in excellent overall health
- Keep your weight under control for six to twelve months before the operation.
- Be a non-smoker
- Have set reasonable goals and expectations for the result of the process.
- Have adequate muscle tone and skin elasticity.
- Understand and will adhere to pre-operative and post-operative instructions.
You may rely on liposuction if you believe it's time to get a sculpted appearance, although male-centric cosmetic surgery isn't getting attention as often as women's procedures. Before deciding, take the opportunity to properly consult a board-certified plastic surgeon and ask them the necessary questions relating to this procedure.