THE BEST BOOKS ON MEN’S STYLE
If you’re looking for some fashion and style inspiration, look no further than this list of highly regarded non-fiction books on men's style that have been praised for their insights and practical advice. These books offer guidance on grooming, dressing well, and developing a personal style.
1. Fashioning The Beatles: The Looks That Shook The World by Deirdre Kelly: This book is the first in-depth look at the sartorial legacy of John, Paul, George, and Ringo. The book demonstrates that their inimitable style was an integral part of their act and a key to enduring popularity.
2. Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion by Alan Flusser: This classic book explores the principles of classic men's style and offers a detailed breakdown of various clothing items, fabrics, patterns, and fit. It's a comprehensive guide to dressing elegantly and timelessly.
3. Men's Style: The Thinking Man's Guide to Dress by Russell Smith: This book takes a more philosophical approach to men's style, delving into the cultural and psychological aspects of dressing well while emphasizing the importance of individual expression.
4. Gentleman: A Timeless Fashion by Bernhard Roetzel: A visually stunning book filled with illustrations and photographs, "Gentleman" showcases iconic men's fashion pieces and provides historical context to various clothing styles.
5. Icons of Men's Style by Josh Sims: A must-have for fashion enthusiasts, this book highlights fifty of the most influential and enduring men's clothing items and explains their significance in men's fashion history.
6. Details: Men's Style Manual by Daniel Peres: With a focus on modern men's fashion, this book provides practical advice on how to dress stylishly for various occasions and emphasizes the importance of attention to detail.
7. The Men's Fashion Reader edited by Peter McNeil and Vicki Karaminas: A collection of essays exploring men's fashion and style from historical, cultural, and sociological perspectives, offering a comprehensive understanding of the subject.
8. The Style Bible: The 11 Rules for Building a Complete and Timeless Wardrobe by Antonio Centeno: This book lays out a systematic approach to building a versatile and stylish wardrobe, with tips on choosing clothing items that suit your body type, lifestyle, and personal taste.
9. New York Style: As Guided by Locals by Giuseppe Santamaria: A definitive New York City guide on where to look, shop, eat and play, as recommended by the people who know it best – New Yorkers. Whether you’re a visitor or a local, discover how to navigate this incredible city.
Remember that personal style is subjective and should be a reflection of your individuality. While these books can offer valuable insights and guidance, feel free to experiment and adapt the advice to suit your own preferences and personality.