7 REASONS VAPES HAVE BECOME POPULAR FASHION ACCESSORIES
Written by Menswear Style in Trends on the 9th May 2019 / 7 Reasons Vapes Have Become Popular Fashion Accessories
Vaping… the hottest fashion statement of the season? Like phone cases, sunglasses and backpacks, vapes provide plenty of opportunity for fusing fashion with function. Indeed, puffing the flavoured liquid is all the rage these days, and for good reason. The World Health Organization reported that there were around 35 million active vapers in 2016 (up from about 7 million in 2011), and market research shows that around 55 million adults will vape by 2021. Naturally, this brand-new, massive segment of the market has inspired a few new noteworthy trends, and we’re not mad about it.
The vape mania extends to every corner of culture, even to the runway. In 2018, high-end designer Henry Holland was seen puffing his vape backstage during the launch of his ready-to-wear fashion line for House of Holland, which was sprinkled with vape-friendly accessories. At the same time, we’ve seen new labels emerge dedicated to vaping, including Vaprwear, a collection of vaping backpacks featuring built-in tubes for discreet puffing. It doesn’t hurt matters that fashion icons like Lindsay Lohan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp and Katy Perry have been known to vape in high style. If you want to have the finest vaping experience, you must choose the best vape juice for your vape tank.
Why Is Vape Fashion on the Rise?
Vape fashion is on the up-and-up for the same reasons why politically-charged T-shirts, paleo products and CBD oil is on the up-and-up — because there’s a demand! With vapes, and all of the items on the aforementioned list, the demand is rising because of various cultural changes that affect the way people think, shop and share. In short, the biggest consumer products are often created in response to some overarching social themes. Some more specific reasons include:
1. It Serves Modern Users — First and foremost, vapes and vape-related accessories cater to a whole new guard of consumers (naturally, those who vape). With so many people flooding this consumer niche, it seems to have a snowball effect. The more people who vape, the bigger the subculture grows and the more changes that occur within fashion. For example, basic backpacks are fine, but those that feature vape pockets or tubes will clearly be more desirable to those who vape.
2. It’s Super Practical — The best part about a super stylish vape? You can vape it! Often, these hot new vapes are made to be worn, so they come equipped with chains or clips so that you can quite literally wear them, like a pair of sunglasses or a fashionable belt. And, let’s be honest, wearing your vape as an accessory is one of the best things you can do if you’re an on-the-go vaper and don’t feel like rifling through your bag every time you want a puff.
3. It Looks Cool, Plain and Simple — Have you seen some of the latest vapes? They are true works of art, with options ranging from super glammed-out, crystal-studded mods to sleek, leather-bound styles for those who prefer a more sophisticated or earthy feel. Vapes and their related accessories have blown up in part because no one wants to be constantly pulling out some ugly or basic vape. On the contrary - you want to unveil your vape and have it draw attention and garner compliments, just like a good pair of shoes or a piece of jewelry.
4. It Helps You Show Your Style — The best vapes are the ones that play into your personal style. Whether you err on the sporty side, the bohemian side or the sleek, sophisticated side, there’s a vape to honour it. You can shop some of the amazing masterpieces already on the market or grab a basic style and glam it out yourself. Customise it to special occasions, your favourite sports team, an inside joke or whatever you’re into at the moment with some rhinestones.
5. It Improves the Vaping Experience — Another great reason why vapes have become a contributor to modern fashion is that vaping accessories can help improve the overall vaping experience. For example, if you sport a bag that features a built-in vape pocket on the strap, you’ll be able to reach for it and puff it whenever you want without rifling through your bag or pockets. Some vaping accessories also protect your vape and keep it organised at the same time.
6. It Makes a Statement — Just as smoking a cigarette or drinking a martini once said something about a person, so too does vaping. Showcasing your vape and its accessories make a statement and say that you’re a modern, forward-thinking consumer who’s not stuck in the old age of smoking. Everything you wear, carry and buy says something about your personality, including your vape!
7. It Revolutionises Traditional Smoking — Last but certainly not least, vaping offers many core benefits compared with the old-fashioned manner of puffing, both cannabis and nicotine. For many, hitting the vape is more desirable because it’s more inconspicuous— there’s no obvious odours and no taboo equipment to give you away. The rise in alternative smoking options and the widespread acceptance of marijuana use have helped propel this market at a rapid-fire pace.
How to Style Your Vape
Not sure how to sport your vape so it serves as a fashion accessory? Why not wear it as a piece of jewelry? Wearing a vape on a chain around your neck is a double-whammy because it makes it easy to access and adds something to your overall look at the same time. You can also collect stylish vapes like you might with your sneakers, belts or watches and swap them out so they match your look and vibe for the day. The most important thing you can do is to put your own personal flair on everything you wear, including your puffing accoutrements!