HOME > Essentials >
TOP 10 STYLISH VALENTINE’S DAY PICKS 2017
WE’VE TEAMED UP WITH RIVER ISLAND STYLIST NADYIA DUNSTON TO BRING YOU A SELECTION OF GIFT IDEAS FOR MEN
There are two things to consider when choosing your valentines outfit: don’t stress, and don't overdress. There's no need to overthink your outfit - accent an understated smart casual look with pops of colour and eye-catching accessories for the perfect date ensemble. Here’s a few of my top picks, from a woman’s perspective - good luck gents!
1. The check shirt (pictured above) is a wardrobe staple that’s hard to beat. Relaxed and stylish, a subtle check will lift a simple monochrome outfit without
2. A white tee is a white tee, right? Nope - not all T-shirts are created equal. The key is in the fit - not too tight, but not NBA big either. Avoid navigating the “how deep is too deep” v-neck minefield and stick with a crew neck; no fuss, just classic 50s cool.
3. A blazer might be a touch over the top unless you’re going somewhere super fancy. You can still keep things clean-cut though; try a tailored bomber in a longline silhouette. An exceptionally versatile piece – dress it up with tailored trousers and roll neck or take things with a tee and jeans.
4. It’s official - the wider leg is back! No need to go full Slim Shady though... a straight leg is the perfect happy medium for a date, still walking that line between smart and casual whilst allowing for some all-important breathing room.
5. If you’re going to wear trainers, a crisp white sneaker is the best bet. Give them a clean up, make sure they’re box fresh and team them with a conversation-starting sock.
6. Shoes make the man – try a nubuck leather Chelsea boot for something a little more sophisticated.
7. Dump the can of supermarket spray and invest in a light, subtle cologne. Avoid knocking her out with overpowering fumes by over applying.
8. A roll neck is a chic alternative to a shirt combo, it should be fitted so try your usual size and a size down to see what looks best.
9. Don’t be late! And don't be late in style with a slick minimal design fabric watch in khaki and black.
10. Ditch those baggy off-white briefs, there’s nothing less attractive! Simple, fitted black boxer shorts are a sure-fire winner.
To book a complimentary styling appointment with Nadyia visit the River Island Style Studio website for details.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus